True or False:
1) Are you trying to educate your CEO on social media and convince him how wonderful social media is for business, prior to showing him you are trustworthy?
CEO's don't need to understand the finer points of social media any more than they need to know how to fly a chartered jet plane. They need to understand how to board the chartered jet plane to get from point A to point B.
2) Are you trying to convince the "C" suite to use Social Media, instead of effectively utilizing the power structure underneath the "C" suite?
Understanding your own organizations power structure, who makes decisions and why, will be more effective than trying to get your "C" suite to allow you to use social media.
3) Are you showing other groups within your organization, i.e., product development, customer service, legal and shareholders how to utilize Social Media to benefit them, or are you keeping this all close to your heart?
Sharing how social media is benefiting middle management and other members of your organization is a great way to drive ground swell of the benefits of using social media.
4) Are you tying social media to your strategic goals of your organization?
Tying strategic goals to social media allows it to become a sustained effort by many, not just an individual effort. Trust, quality of connections, and quality of discussions are important to everyone, not just to sales or marketing departments. Don't silo your social media platforms.
5) Are you tracking the increase in customer retention, and increase in the number of referrals being driven by your social media strategy?
Speak in CEO metric terms, not Social Media Metric terms. I.e., CEO's don't understand that you had a 25% increase in SEO ratings; however, CEO's do understand that 25% of new business came from direct referrals from social media channels, and that customer retention is up 35% since implementing a social media strategy.
Does your small or medium-size business need a new phone system? Then you're in luck! Our new, updated comparison guide helps you cut through superfluous information and narrow down your list of solution providers. Get the latest data on phone system features, pricing, and performance metrics in an easy-to-use format. more
The holiday season is filled with frenzy and excitement for businesses and consumers alike. Consumers prepare gift lists, compare brands and prices, and begin shopping with a vigor that is not present most other times of the year. For many businesses, the holiday season accounts for a large profit bump at the end of each year, and companies strive to exceed their goals and keep customers happy during this rush late in the year. more
There are a lot of possible reasons you might want to switch to a new phone system. The old one might cost too much or be too troublesome to operate and maintain. It might not be flexible enough. It might not be reliable enough. Or it just might not have the kinds of features and capabilities that you need in today’s competitive business climate. more