A growing number of businesses are adopting ERP systems in order to give their departments accurate and accessible shared data. HR isn't being left out of the loop. In fact, most major ERP vendors now offer their customers HR modules that help automate an array of tasks while generating crucial data for enterprise planning and optimization.
1. Infor HCM (Human Capital Management): Designed for use with Infor's ERP, Infor HCM is a Web-enabled offering that brings a variety of capabilities to the table — perhaps even more features than the average business needs. The module has support for multiple languages, currencies, tax definitions, benefits, security configurations and platforms. It consists of three basic components:
Verdict: This is a well-rounded, highly capable module that's suitable for just about any business. Infor HCM takes advantage of Web technology to provide an ERP HR module that can be instantly updated and easily scaled.
2. Sage Accpac HRMS (Human Resource Management System): As a part of Sage Software Inc.'s Sage Pro ERP, Sage Accpac HRMS provides support for a variety of HR tasks, including benefits, training, recruiting and compliance. The module offers a flexible design that lets users select their own database platform, including SQL or MSDE (Microsoft Desktop Engine).
Sage Accpac HRMS also includes powerful reporting and analysis tools that provide customized insight on almost any HR issue. Hundreds of standard report templates are included. An integrated database is designed to feed a steady flow of information to managers and staff.
Verdict: This solution is a good choice that gives users a voice in its design and operation. It's tailored for midsize manufacturing businesses.
3. SAP ERP HCM: SAP AG's highly regarded ERP offers SAP ERP HCM, a versatile and extremely scalable HR module. The solution is designed to give companies in virtually all industries a full selection of HR tools.
The software can automate virtually all fundamental, and most advanced, HR processes, including employee administration, payroll and reporting. The product supports compliance with both global and local regulations. Other features include talent management , performance measurements and real-time insight into just about any HR trend.
Verdict: SAP ERP Human Capital Management sets a goal to which other ERP HR module vendors can only aspire. On the other hand, the product is overkill for most SMBs. In any event, it's truly the Rolls-Royce of ERP HR modules.
4. Oracle HRMS: Oracle Corp.'s HRMS is designed to automate practically every HR-department function. The company described its mission as, "The complete recruit-to-retire process." A single integrated data model aims to supply a fast, immediate and accurate view of HR-related activities, including recruiting, payroll, benefits, performance management, learning, compensation, time management and real-time analytics.
Oracle's HR product is comparable in many ways to SAP's module in scope and breadth, although Oracle advocates would claim that their favorite software is more flexible and easier to use.
Verdict: Oracle HRMS is thorough and highly capable, but not suitable for smaller businesses.
5. Microsoft Axapta Human Resource Management III: Compatible with the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP and building on HR support provided by Axapta versions I and II, this module supplies features that support the career development of individual employees — a capability overlooked by many other HR modules.
The software aims to help businesses create professional development plans focused on employee's goals and skills. Features include a "competence framework" with a development process that incorporates personal interviews, training curriculums, skills matching, skill-gap analysis and other components. The software's various processes are collaborative and allow follow-up from employees and managers to improve dialogue between the two groups.
Verdict: Microsoft Corp. isn't exactly renowned for its innovative application software, but Microsoft Axapta Human Resource Management III is a pleasing exception to the rule.
In the current age of instant communication and social media, the customer is king. Learn how to better meet their needs with a Customer Experience focused Contact Center. more
Read our cataloging of all major ERP modules and their respective features. Learn which ones you want for your business! more
Do you want to implement a BI system at your business but are worried about the costs? Discover how to approach this difficult issues and roll out a cost effective solution. more