How to Design a Winning Logo?
What is a Logo?
- Visually represents you.
- Part of your brand.
- Unique as a face.
What a Logo is NOT?
- Not your marketing gimmick.
- Not cast in stone, it can and should be changed.
- Not your business quick-fix. It will not fix your low profit margins.
What elements make a good logo?
- Reflective of your values.
What should you DO when designing a logo?
- Make a list of "Positives" that your logo can have, as well as a list of "Negatives" to avoid.
- Research your industry. Look at the symbols, colors, fonts your competitors use. Figure out if you should follow them or go out on your own.
- Hire a professional graphic designer/firm.
- Think of your entire corporate brand and image. Now is a good time to invest thought into it.
What NOT to do?
- Don't DIY logos - very tempting but the let the professionals handle it.
- Don't use stock photography or templates, etc. You want it to be unique.
- Don't go Cheap - a good logo is worth the investment.
- Stay away from raster images. Make it all vector.