1. What's the basic background on this requirement?
Sure, if you're in a big company you'll be doing an MRD or PRD with lots of review cycles. However, for most Web site updates in small companies, you only need to address the basics to get everybody on the same page
Now we quickly get into the details.
2. Is this page(s) or feature(s) static or dynamic?
Note 1: Make sure you can define dynamic change in a quantitative way
3. Are there multiple pages that require integration?
There are often many scenarios to consider here, so catalogue as many scenarios as you can. Flow charts and process flows can help.
4. How will you handle URLs and search engine optimization (SEO)?
5. How do users get to this page?
6. Are there links within the page?
7. Are you capturing any data elements on the page?
8. Does the page or feature require design? What design guidance might you give?
9. Does the page or feature require copy creation or review? Who should create and edit the copy? Marketing? Editorial?
10. Does the page or page component need to be "authored"?
11. Are there any process implications of rolling out this page or feature? Are there other impacts on other features? When you launch:
Choosing the perfect phone system for your business is no small task …. Depending on the size of your company, the industry in which you work, and the specific needs your phone system will be required to meet, any number of solutions could get the job done. more
A good SMB CRM system can be an incredibly valuable asset for your business. As more businesses recognize this value, the amount of SMB CRM vendors is expanding quickly. Navigating the pricing plans, features, and service terms of all these can be a decision-making nightmare. more
Reducing expenses is one of the main reasons that businesses switch from traditional office phone systems to VoIP technology. But many people rush this decision and end up spending more than they need to. The costs of implementing a new VoIP system can increase quickly, especially if you don’t strategically plan for it ahead of time. more