Team building doesn't have to be difficult, it's really just about helping people connect with each other and get along more effectively. The following practical ideas will help you with your team building efforts in your workplace.
1. Set up regularly scheduled team building meetings, weekly works well.
2. Facilitate activities that help communicate on a deeper level and build trust.
3. Use a facilitator with a good understanding of how to bring people together.
4. Emphasize positive behaviors; what people can actually do to be effective team players.
5. Create a calm, friendly atmosphere with no outside noise and interruptions.
6. People at all levels of the organization, especially leadership is to be involved. It's desirable for team building to be implemented first with the leaders and then with other employees.
7. Design activities that help people interact actively.
8. Avoid activities where someone "wins" or there is a competition.
9. Encourage people to behave kindly, gently, and with compassion toward each other.
10. Have a good time and stick with it.
The secret to effective team building is to create a work atmosphere where people feel comfortable and trust each other. There are no set guidelines you have to follow, just remember that you're trying to help people behave in ways that build deeper relationships and create connections in a meaningful way.
We’ve put together a comparison guide that covers over 40 of the top call center software options, providing details on pricing, features, support, and integrations. If you want to save time and still make a great investment, this guide is a must read. more
It was a painstaking process, but to help B2B companies start 2017 off on the right foot, we recently compiled a comparative list of the top 43 small to midsize business phone vendors. more
A good VoIP provider will offer additional benefits as well, but many first-time buyers find assessing each option to be difficult. Nevertheless, this is an important step in the buying process because a substandard provider can easily waste both your time and money. more